We went camping. In our backyard. This is what I learned.
(1) Don’t place your tent in the exact place you had the sprinkler set up the previous night
(2) Glow sticks are fun until they don’t turn off
(3) Do not believe a three-year-old when he announces at 11PM that the sun is up and it’s time to come out and play
(4) If your child doesn’t sleep well inside, she’s not going sleep well outside
(5) Turn your phone on vibrate so the kids don’t hear the alert when you are texting your friend in the next tent about dying of heat stroke
(6) I excel at handing out idle threats when I’m too freaking hot to stand up and get out of the tent
These discoveries are based on a true event.
My friend and I washed our cars the other day and all my husband wanted to know was if we wore bikinis.