Never ever ever drive home from vacation the Saturday after July 4. Here’s Why.
There’s nothing like trying to get off an island with thousands of your non-closest friends with two young children in the back seat that haven’t slept in five days. I wish you all could have been there with me, but fortunately I took notes of the most notable road trip discussions:
(2) I want a ladybug! (huh?)
(3) Are we there yet? (asked by me)
(5) Are we there yet? (asked by Gary)
(6) When we get home I’m going to poop in Darren’s room! (ummm)
(7) When can we retire? (me again)
(8) Do you think we could get a babysitter/bartender to meet us upon arrival at home?
Fortunately we are home safe and sound. I plan to lock myself in my room with headphones and let the kids fend for themselves for a little while. Kidding. Sort of. Stop with your judging eyes. Seriously, stop.