It’s been a while…
I could spit out every excuse in the book about why I haven’t been blogging but here’s the truth (dramatic pause)…I just haven’t felt like it.
Call it lazy. Call it the holidays. Call it having two kids, a job, husband, cat, dog, etc. But I’m back. Hey, I got to keep you on your toes somehow in 2015. Since it’s been a while I thought I’d catch you up on what’s been going on:
(1) I found out what happens when you don’t make it to the bus stop on time after school. FYI: The driver takes them back to school and the mom (ahem) has to take the walk of shame into the school to get them. AWKWARD.
2) My kids drew this picture of my butt. Favorite quote from my friend, “At least it looks firm.” True ‘dat.
(3) Even though I’m in advertising, my kids are the biggest suckers for it. Seriously, over winter break they asked for every. Single. Thing. On. TV. Hideaway Pets, Hover Ball , Bright Light Pillow…the list goes on and on. Personally I blame it on their grandfather who has been known to order a thing or two (everything from every Infomercial ever). I mean really, no one needs a flashlight that you have to wind up… yet every single person in the family has received one.
(4) Here’s a deep thought I had while traveling: Why does everyone suddenly get narcolepsy once they’re on a plane? Do you normally fall asleep at 11AM if you weren’t on an airplane? I didn’t think so.
(5) A 2-year-old looked me up and down in Target and shouted, “Ewwwwww.” This is a true story people. Kid, I see your parents pushing your cart around and they’re no super models themselves. Ewwww yourself.
So when will I write again? To be continued…