(1) Green Craft Kids: Get 40% off Single Discovery Boxes in addition to 50% off the first month of a monthly subscription! These are perfect deals for the holidays – boxes to open on Christmas morning and boxes that will keep coming month after month. Use coupon code: blackfri or cybermon.
Black Friday Deal – 40% Off Single Discovery Boxes
Cyber Monday – 50% Off First Month of Monthly Subscriptions
(2) Layla Grayce: For four days only, Layla Grayce is offering free shipping with promo code SHIP4FREE valid 11/29 through 12/2! Plus, Layla Grayce is rewarding ten lucky shoppers who make a purchase from Black Friday through Cyber Monday with a Golden Ticket Giveaway! During those four days, ten outgoing orders will receive a $100 gift certificate as a thank you for shopping with Layla Grayce. But wait, there’s more Layla Grayce is offering 15% off holiday gifts through 12/15 with promo code HOLIDAYS. Don’t miss your chance to shop and save on candles, home decor, fashion accessories and more. Happy Shopping!
(3) Tea Collection’s Black Friday Event is back! $15 dresses, $12 leggings, $15 boys pants, $12 boys tees. Select styles only. (valid through 12/1)
(4) Tiny Prints: Free Shipping on All Tiny Prints Orders with code FS13 (valid until 12/3) plus 30% Off EVERYTHING (valid through 12/1)!
(5) Janie and Jack: 30% off entire purchase from 11/28 through 12pm PT on 11/29 at Janie and Jack!
(6) Beau-coup: Get 15-25% off for one day only with code: BFSALE
(7) Create Something One Of A Kind with Blurb and save 30% on Blurb’s Print Books with code: SAVE30!
Blurb has an entire online bookstore full of unique books by an incredible array of undiscovered, self-published authors, artists, and photographers. So, if you’re thinking of giving unique gifts this year, check these out:
Cookie Cravings by Maria Lichty and Heidi Larsen
Dog by My Side by Adam Schnitzer
Food Stories by Elena Scott
You have photos. And there’s a pretty big chance those photos haven’t seen the light of day since you first took them or posted them to Facebook to brag about your awesome life (not that I do that…ahem).
Now, imagine those photos in a book, given as a gift. Wouldn’t you look like the best most thoughtful person ever? Yeah, you pretty much would. You can use your Facebook photos, Instagram photos, or photos on your computer AND you can make a book in as little as ten minutes, for as little as $12.99 with Blurb.
This could be you doing something thoughtful.
But wait, there’s more. These books can be easily customized so you can create different versions for different people (what up gift giver of the freaking year). Just swap in a few new photos, change the text and re-order. Of course, this is a custom gift, so you don’t want to be last minute about it. Even though you can order up until December 19, ordering early is always better (and a bit cheaper too). Save 25% at Blurb when you spend $50 or more on print books with code: SAVING (Discount Code Valid Until 11/22/13)
So, get started on making a beautiful gift book now: Blurb
- If a house is handing out beer or wine, it’s for the parents. I’m lucky because I live in that kind of neighborhood.
- Take photos first! I cannot stress enough how much of a hot mess your children will turn into as the night goes on. 5:00PM = Happiness and Excitement 8:00PM = Craziness and Screaming for more candy.
- It’s not too late to buy a costume. One year in college I bought a pumpkin trash bag, tore a hole in it for my head and voila!
- Go to the houses on hills. Children tend to avoid these homes so when you show up, I guarantee you’ll be showered with candy. We live in a house on a hill so you can trust me on this.
- After your kids go to sleep, hide their most delicious candy in your mouth. Really it’s for their own good.
And just in case you were wondering, here are some of my favorite Halloween items!
|Hedwig Costume | $80
|How many costumes have you bought for your kids so far? My friend KAREN just emailed me that she’s on #3 for her adorable son (who can’t even talk yet so it’s obviously her issue
She also emailed me a link to a menorah she wants to buy from Etsy and she’s not even Jewish so she may want to lay off the Friday night vino if you know what I mean.
–> Sleepy Owl Set | $34
Fortunately The Happy Hoot has tons of adorable costumes to choose from, making it easy to be as indecisive as KAREN.
My kids are the red and green Ninjagos. It’s kind of awesome having a tomboy daughter. What are your kids going to be? Are you dressing up?
Get 15% off your entire purchase at Swamp Water Primitives by typing ‘etsystalkers’ in the coupon code box!
|Any color combo available for only $16.00
Yesterday I asked for stalking suggestions on Facebook
and the most popular request turned out to be Halloween décor. Let me just tell you, Halloween is in fact my most favorite holiday.
And it’s not just
because we have a life-size creepy clown with blinky eyes that scares the bejeezas out of my husband. Although that is an added perk.
|Candy corn with no calories! Three for $6
Sometimes I take the life-size creepy clown with blinky eyes and move it around the house to freak Gary out. One time I tucked him in bed so his head was resting on Gary’s pillow. Heh.
As you can see, it’s never too early to start spooking up your house, which is why I’m psyched I came across Swamp Water Primitives
I seriously love these and not just because I plan on sticking them in Gary’s car door to freak him out. It’s because they’re handmade and no one else in your ‘hood will have the same stuff. Unless you and your neighbor both read this blog.
What are your favorite places to shop for Halloween?
Yeah, the wipes incident happened a few years ago. And yes, he was at our house this morning armed with his tools and memories of the bathroom. I remember him saying something like, “I have never seen so many wipes in a toilet before.” So at least we hold that world record.
4th of July Flag Tunic & Capri Set
In totally unrelated news, tomorrow is the 4th of July! And to celebrate, I’m showcasing some of my favorite patriotic items.
Cute party invites from Erica Ashley Design
Patriotic Wreath by String ‘N’ Things
You know what would be awesome? If I make my family dress in matching patriotic clothes, hold matching wreathes, while eating matching cookies. We would become the coolest family in the world. Or the exact opposite. Have a great July 4th celebration, be safe and don’t stuff wipes in your toilet!
Yummy treats from The Talented Cookie
For those of you that don’t know, Purim is celebrated by giving gifts of food and drink to others, drinking wine, wearing costumes, and public celebration. In summary, it’s an excuse to get another wear out of Halloween costumes and for the parents to drink excessively.
Since we could only locate 3/4th of her froggie costume this morning (way to plan ahead), Taylor improvised and went for the hot mess meets crazy frog girl look. And to top off the look, she schlepped her frog pillow pet to school which may in fact weigh more than her.
Next time I’m going to plan ahead and purchase her Purim costume from Hunting Faeries
. This way I only have to keep track of one item (which I’ll probably lose track of anyway). You can totally tell what character a kid is going for with one of these masks or hats. It’s too bad Hunting Faeries
doesn’t make a hot mess mask. That would sell out fast.
Still looking for costumes? Check these out:
2nd Skin Zentai Supersuit Costume
Horse Head Mask
DC Comics Boys Action Trio Superhero Costume Set
Dude, she’s testing you. Of course she knows today is Valentine’s Day. You can’t walk into a store without it throwing up hearts on you.
After laughing in his face, all of the girls corrected his error. If he had thought ahead he could have bought her these awesome bookends from design atelier article
Just about everything in this shop is ridunkulous (i.e. awesome) so he can go ahead and purchase an “I’m sorry for being an idiot” gift here as well.
Side note: I got Darren Where the Sidewalk Ends for Valentine’s Day. He already seems to love it as much as I did as a kid.