Back to school = Mixing the pot of crazy
I’m super excited that my kids are back on a schedule with school this week. But along with first days come jitters, pencil sharpening and balancing schedules. And that doesn’t even refer to the kids. Honestly I feel like a total mess trying to keep up with everything involved in a new school year.
Here are the things I’m currently stressing about:
(1) Making lunches. I MUST start the year off strong. But I’m weak and will most likely give up on Bento boxes and turn to the square jello served at the cafeteria by the end of the month.
(2) Getting to all of the Meet and Greets. There are about 1,000 of them. How many people can one person possibly meet and greet within a week?
(3) Convincing my kids its not appropriate to dress in torn and stained summer t-shirts.
(4) Making a good impression on teachers. I want to appear helpful, approachable and involved while not looking like the overbearing and need to know everything mom that I really am. It’s a fine line people.
(5) Extracurricular activities. Spanish club? Tennis? Tackle football? Chess? Boy Scouts? When I was in 1st grade I remember coming home from school and playing outside with dirt, sticks and other things found outside. And no, I didn’t grow up in a cave.
I now plan on writing everything down (novel idea) on one of these Super Mom Planners from Happy Organized Life. I feel less stressed just looking at these.
One question though, do you think these planners come with a personal assistant who actually remembers to write things down?