The Fox Theatre in Atlanta was AMAZING enough to send tickets for my family to attend this year’s Nutcracker show. It’s actually become a tradition for us, being our third year attending with the kids. At first we were nervous if it would hold their attention but they LOVE it again and again every year. And they also love getting to pick out a different nutcracker to add to their collection after the show.
Here are my highlights in no particular order:
- The lambs shaking their booties. I love a good lamb booty.
- My daughter asking me over and over when the lady in the big dress with kids hiding in it was coming on stage (I love that she remembered this scene from last year).
- The snow falling on our heads at the end of Act I.
- The Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Looking up at the amazing stars in a night sky at The Fox Theatre.
Connect social media this Nutcracker season and make sure you use #NutcrackerATL whenever you post about the show!
Did you know?
- Atlanta Ballet premiered George Balanchine’s Nutcracker – second act only – in April of 1959, not December, making it one of the first companies in the U.S. to perform what would soon become a holiday classic.
- More than 8 tons of scenery, lighting, and props are used in each Nutcracker production
- 300,000 watts of electricity are used during each performance of Nutcracker, more than enough to light a stadium
- The (Dr.) Evil Rat King is 8 feet tall
- The Petrov Christmas tree grows from 13 feet to 38 feet tall, equivalent to a three-story building
Did you know?
- There are 20 pounds of snow during used each performance.
- Atlanta Ballet’s female dancers wear out more than 2,000 pairs of Pointe Shoes each season.
- Mother Matrushka is always played by a man.
- More than 2,000 hours are needed to prepare the costumes for opening night of
- Nutcracker. Preparation begins in early August and goes through November to ensure every detail is in place for opening night in early December.
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!
First of all, I know I’ve been posting a lot of sales lately. Is it annoying? Helpful? I just get so excited when I get notified of a big sale going on and I want to share them with you.
Mini Wall Banner
Anyhooo, back to me. Yesterday my daughter got off the school bus and immediately told me she wasn’t feeling well and then proceeded to throw up for the next four hours. Major sad face. The good news is she’s feeling better today. But the best news is she only threw up in the toilet the entire time she was sick.
Handkerchief Cold Virus “You Make Me Sick” printed Hankie Series
Should I be happy? Proud? Concerned that she’s destined to be a tidy bulimic? I’m going to go with impressed (with a side of worry). Now that she’s on the mend, I’m going to get her one of these awesome ‘You make me sick’ Hankies from Urban Bird and Co.
And possibly these pillows to encourage her to sleep. And just sweeten your deal, Urban Bird and Co. is offering $10 OFF with your purchase of $50 or more with code: DECKTHEHALLS Happy shopping!
Pillowcases | Sleep Tight Don’t Let the Bedbugs Bite
And most definitely a dress or two from Tea’s adorable new Citizen Blue collection because I (and you) will get a free gift (exclusive Tatcha Indigo Skincare Travel Set) after spending $100 . Yipppeeee!
Shop Girls Citizen Blue Styles at Tea Collection
Shop Boys Citizen Blue Styles at Tea Collection
Shop Baby Girls Citizen Blue Styles at Tea Collection
Shop Baby Boys Citizen Blue Styles at Tea Collection
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I know, I know, so many holiday offers. I seriously can’t stop sharing them, so here’s another one that will leave you flabbergasted (I love a good flabber). A customized phone case like this one:
Or the literally hundreds of designs you can choose from for your iPhone or Samsung phone at Tiny Prints.
And today only, Tiny Prints is offering these cases for 50% off! Getting this offer is super easy:
1. Check out Tiny Prints phone cases and choose from iPhone or Samsung and if you want photos or not.
2. Add photos, select your fonts, type in your message, choose your colors. Make it personal (But don’t be gross. I personally don’t care which pictures you choose but your coworkers are going to see your phone case.)
3. When checking out, use the code EARLYBIRD1210 to save 50%. Easy peasy.
Also, check out all their other gifts and cards and use the code SWDEAL30 to save up to 30% on your order. And code FREESHIP49 will get you free shipping if your order is more than $49.
Pretty awesome… check it out today.
Choose One of Four FREE Gifts from Tiny Prints Promo code: CHOOSEGIFT
Each day between now and 12/11, you can get one of four gifts, a free personalized notepad, free personalized magnet, free personalized mug, or $16.99 off home decor. Yahooooweee!
Sitewide Sale: Enjoy up to 40% off
30% off no min | 40% off $99+ | Code: 40SWSALE | Offer expires 12/9/14 at 11:59 pm (PT)
Still need Holiday cards that don’t suck?
Check out Tiny Prints, who are having their best sale of the entire year…but it ends today!
These aren’t cards you can buy at the store. You can completely personalize the cards, upload your own photos, change the font and text, and make the cards uniquely YOU.
The clock is ticking…it only takes a few minutes to create and send the perfect cards. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Choose from 100′s of Tiny Prints Holiday / Christmas card designs.
2. Add your photos and tweak the text to your liking.
3. Use the promo code CYBER40 to save 40% on your cards.
It’s not too late to send amazing cards at an amazing price. Head on over to Tiny Prints now.
In an effort to help you shop ’til you drop, I’ve collected a bunch of my favorite Cyber Monday sales. I personally love Cyber Monday because you can shop while you (pretend to) work. Earn money. Spend money. It’s a win-win.
Tiny Prints (my favorite place for personalized gifts) is offering a few sweeet deals:
Buy One, Get One Free mobile cases (TODAY ONLY) with code 1201DEAL
Buy One, Get One Free ornaments with code 1202DEAL
Buy One, Get One Free stamps and embossers with code 1203DEAL
Buy One, Get One Free Christmas stockings with code 1204DEAL
40% OFF All Cards with code CYBER40
Did you know that Amazon has already started Black Friday sales? I didn’t, so I thought I’d share this glorious news with you.
There will be new Lightning Deals added as often as every ten minutes, and there will be three Deals of the Day both on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Bring on the week of avoiding work and shopping all day!